Code of Conduct and Information on Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Your mic will be automatically muted upon entry to all zoom meetings. Please only unmute your mic if you are requested to do so, or if you are in a session where it is appropriate to ask questions.
- It will be up to you to turn your camera on or off, both are acceptable. If your video is on, it might be part of the recording of the event. Please keep the video appropriate.
- Conference staff will be able to mute your microphone or block your camera at any time due to inappropriate behaviour or other issues.
- Please be respectful of the chat function, keep topics related to the subject matter at hand.
Disrespectful & Hateful behaviour
All participants have the right to a safe and inclusive environment at CUPC 2020.
- Any and all disrespectful or hateful behaviour will not be tolerated.
- As a delegate at CUPC 2020, it is expected that you remain respectful of all peoples, regardless of sexual orientation, race, level of education, field of education, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, ability status, nationality or any other characteristic.
- Harassment will not be tolerated and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. For these purposes, “harassment” includes but is not limited to:
- inappropriate or intimidating behaviour and language
- unwelcome or offensive jokes and comments
- sending or displaying offensive or inappropriate images or videos
- taking photos of other participants without permission
- All hateful behaviour will result in immediate removal from CUPC 2020 without refund. This decision may be appealed on a case-by-case basis.
- Please limit any disruptive behaviour (loud sounds, chat messages, background noise, phone notifications, etc.), where applicable and possible.
- Repetitive disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated, and consequences will be arranged privately with the CUPC 2020 executive team.
- Sharing a delegate’s personal information with outside sources is prohibited unless given express permission by the delegate.
- CUPC 2020 will not share your private information with anyone outside of the organizing committee without express permission.
- Personally recording the events is prohibited. The recordings will be made available to delegates for 30 days after the conference.
As a delegate at CUPC 2020, it is expected that you remain respectful of all peoples, regardless of sexual orientation, race, level of education, field of education, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, ability status, nationality or any other characteristic. CUPC 2020 is an inclusive space that welcomes all. We look forward to meeting you virtually from November 5th-8th.
By registering for CUPC 2020, delegates confirm they have read and agree to this code of conduct.
If you are experiencing difficulties of any kind – whether this is with another conference attendee, technical difficulties, or otherwise – please contact the CUPC Executive Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.