Conference Registration for Delegates
Registration closed on October 20th. Thank you to all 161 delegates for registering!
What is included in the $270 registration fee?
1. Fee to attend all CUPC 2023 events
The conference consists of many events designed to engage delegates while showcasing some of the exciting physics research from around the country. The registration ticket covers the charge to attend all keynote lectures, panels, interactive workshops, campus and UW physics lab tours, social activities, and more.
2. Buffet-style meals for the duration of the conference:
Dinner on October 26, 27, 28 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
Lunch on October 27, 28, 29 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Coffee breaks on October 27, 28, 29 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
3. CUPC 2023 Merchandise
Each delegate will be receiving a swag bag with CUPC 2023 branded merchandise. The Committee is dedicated to providing the best possible delegate experience, which means the best possible swag for all our attendees! The items provided are still being determined as the Committee is still accepting funding through sponsorships, and we are aiming to include the following items in each swag bag:
- CUPC 2023 Program and “How to Conference” Infographic
- CUPC 2023 Branded Plush Goose
- CUPC 2023 T-Shirt
- CUPC 2023 Water Bottle
- CUPC 2023 Sticker, Pen, and Notepad
Plus a surprise item for the first 50 students to register!
Things to keep in mind while registering
- Please answer all questions to the best of your ability, as we are gathering information for delegate attendance of our optional evening events. Your answer will help us plan the Campus Tour and Movie Night accordingly, so please consider carefully if you would like to attend.
- Oftentimes, University Physics Departments reserve part of their funding to assist Undergraduate students in endeavors like attending conferences. If you are having trouble gathering funding for your ticket, make sure to reach out to your Physics Department and associated Physics societies to see if there is any funding available to help you cover the costs. Similarly, if you are presenting research at CUPC 2023, check with your supervisor/employer to see if they are able to help make your attendance possible.
- Make sure you have read and understood the refund policy outlined below.
Since CUPC 2023 incurs certain expenses prior to the conference, it is necessary to impose the following cancellation policy:
- 30 or more days before the event: 100% refund on the price of the conference ticket
- Less than 30 days before the event: 50% refund on the price of the conference ticket
All refunds 30 days or more before the conference can be requested through Eventbrite, as is outlined here. If you are requesting the 50% refund within 30 days of the conference, please contact the organizers directly. Please note that the Eventbrite service and processing fees are non-refundable, so the fees outlined above are in addition to Eventbrite’s $18.88 CAD fee. Refunds will be provided by applying a refund to the credit card used in registering, or by EFT transfer for registrations paid by cheque.
There will be no refunds granted for registrants who do not meet the conditions outlined above. Delegates who do not attend meals, receptions, or coffee breaks included in the registration fee will not receive a refund equivalent to the cost of the meal.
To contact us for more information or for cancellations, please visit our contact us page.
Happy registering! We are so excited to see you all at CUPC 2023!
Please refer to FAQ for more information about our conference.