Code of Conduct and Information on Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
The CUPC 2022 team is dedicated to providing a safe and inclusive environment for our delegates, speakers, sponsors, staff and volunteers in order to ensure an enjoyable experience for all conference attendees.
As a delegate at CUPC 2022, you are expected to remain respectful of all individuals and will not discriminate based on gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, ethnicity, age, level of education, field of education, political affiliation, or any other characteristics.
We will not tolerate harassment of any kind at this conference. Inappropriate behaviour or speech is not acceptable for any of the conference venues, including keynote lectures, workshops, panels, events and on the CUPC 2022 Discord server. Conference attendees found violating these rules will be removed from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Disrespectful & Hateful behaviour
All participants have the right to a safe and inclusive environment at CUPC 2022.
- Harassment will not be tolerated and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. For these purposes, “harassment” includes but is not limited to:
- Deliberate inappropriate or intimidating behaviour and language, unwelcome or offensive jokes or comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, sending or displaying harassive (offensive or inappropriate) photography or recordings, sustained disruption of talks or other events, taking photos of other participants without permission.
- All hateful behaviour will result in immediate removal from CUPC 2022 without refund and a ban from future events. This decision may be appealed on a case-by-case basis.
- Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not display any offensive symbols, speech, sexualized images, activities, or other material. Grad and Industry Fair participants and staff should not use sexualized or offensive clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise, create an unwelcoming environment.
- Please limit any disruptive behaviour (loud sounds, chat messages, background noise, phone notifications, etc.) where applicable and possible.
- Repetitive disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated, and consequences will be arranged privately with the CUPC 2022 executive team.
- Sharing a delegate’s personal information with outside sources is prohibited unless given explicit permission by the delegate themselves.
- CUPC 2022 will not share your private information with anyone outside of the organizing committee without explicit permission.
- Delegates are prohibited from recording events. If applicable, the recordings made by the CUPC 2022 organizing committee will be made available to delegates after the conference.
- Your mic will be automatically muted upon entry to all zoom meetings. Please only unmute your mic if you are requested to do so, or if you are in a session where it is appropriate to ask questions.
- Your video will automatically be turned off upon entry to all zoom meetings. Please only turn on your camera when requested to do so, or when it is appropriate to do so if you are in a networking event, workshop, or panel discussion. If your video is on, it may be part of the recording of the event. Make sure to test your camera equipment beforehand to minimize distractions.
- Please keep your video appropriate at all times. Conference staff will be able to mute your microphone or block your camera at any time due to inappropriate behaviour or other issues.
- Please be respectful of the chat function; keep topics related to the subject matter at hand.
Reporting Harassment or Inappropriate Behaviour
- If a participant violates any of the policies outlined on the EDI & Code of Conduct page, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including immediate removal from CUPC 2022 without refund and a ban from future events. This decision may be appealed on a case-by-case basis.
- If you are being harassed or notice that someone else is being harassed, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. The planning committee can be contacted by their email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We value your attendance and the conference staff will be happy to assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
As a delegate at CUPC 2022, it is expected that you remain respectful of all peoples, regardless of sexual orientation, race, level of education, field of education, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, ability status, nationality, or any other characteristic. CUPC 2022 is an inclusive space that welcomes all. We look forward to meeting you virtually from October 28th-30st, 2022!
By registering for CUPC 2022, delegates confirm they have read and agree to this code of conduct.